We are looking for a bright Event Assistant with a “can-do” attitude. You’ll need outstanding communication skills and be ready to go the extra mile for our customers and internal colleagues.
Based in brand new buzzy offices right next to Victoria Station in London, Hanson Wade organises international conferences for senior management across a broad range of industries. To thrive in our dynamic, fast paced environment you’ll love working to tight deadlines and have a natural passion for Event Management.
You will be responsible for:
- The logistics of 2 – 4 International conferences a month
- Speaker liaison from brochure landing through to post event
- Sponsorship liaison from contract through to post event
- Delegate liaison from booking confirmation through to post event Venue Sourcing, Negotiating and Contracting
- Onsite management: Thorough venue liaison, audio visual liaison, signage design, creation of delegate pack, format and set up
- Event cost control and accurate budgeting
- Post event tasks, managing evaluation form analysis, thank you emails, record attendance, uploading presentations.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- MUST HAVE 2:1 higher in an Event Management degree
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal (for phone and onsite work)
- To be well presented and comfortable in a corporate environment dealing with senior business leaders
- A highly efficient and organised approach to your workload
- Excellent numeracy skills – comfortable working in excel, accurate dealing with numbers and simple currency conversions
- An ability to work well under pressure and to deal with high work volumes
- To thrive in a buzzy, dynamic environment and working to deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt and change priorities according to immediate business needs
- To be a strong team player with a lot of initiative and the ability to also work independently
- A good sense of humour and strong sense of satisfaction in a job well done
The right candidate will receive extensive training, ongoing support and the opportunity to contribute to the growth of an exciting business.